Phillips 66 Metalworker Craftsman - Pipefitter in Billings, Montana
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
The Metalworker - Pipefitter works in the maintenance department of the Billings Refinery. Metalworker - Pipefitters are responsible for fabrication, installation, preventive maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of refinery piping, tubing, valves and structures.
Responsibilities May Include
• removing and repairing high pressure piping and connection systems.
• repairing flange leaks including tightening or replacing bolts and flanges and gaskets.
• providing layout for fabrication and installation of piping systems including flanges, union, joints, gaskets, nozzles, etc., in accordance with design drawings.
• fabrication and/or repair of piping, structures, vessels, etc., using pipe threading and tubing connections.
• moving materials, tools, equipment and subassemblies using trucks, forklift, wagons, carts, dollies, etc.
• setting up work site with barriers, signs, tape or flags.
• blinding off pipes, vessels, tanks, exchangers, etc.
• cleaning and finishing welds using brush, grinder, chipping hammer, file, etc.
• cleaning vessel head gaskets.
• working in a team environment and assisting other personnel in accomplishing tasks.
• climbing of equipment and the ability to work in confined spaces at elevated heights which is occasionally required, as is the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• performing all duties in compliance with our Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System, applicable government regulations, industry best practices, and all other Phillips 66 policies and/or regulations.
• reading blue prints, operating shop machinery, and performing metal layout and fabrication.
• inspecting, testing, maintaining and operating all equipment and tools to support and maintain required skills.
• sustaining a well-kept and orderly site in the performance of all work duties.
• assembling rigging to lift and move equipment or material in the plant. Inspect and select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves according to weight and size of load to be moved. Attach load to crane hook with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains. May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card prior to employment start date. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
• Willingness to perform/comply with the following, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
o work overtime;
o to work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos;
o to work safely near large, hot, high-speed machines;
o to climb up to 250 feet in height;
o to lift up to 79 pounds;
o to work around chemicals, including acids and bases;
o to wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear, eye and/or fall protection);
o to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly;
o to perform fire fighting duties if needed;
o to work outside in harsh weather conditions;
o to work with petroleum products that are under high pressure and heat.
o able to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, work permits, and instruction manuals
• 3 years or more direct experience in a refinery or chemical plant environment, or related military service.
• Completion of an apprenticeship, certification (e.g. NCCER) or associate degree in welding or related studies, or related military service.
• Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions and identify corrective actions.
• Ability to operate tools such as saws, drill press, and assembling structural metal.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Orientation toward continuous process improvement.
The Billings Refinery is located in Billings, Montana. Its facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, alkylation, hydrodesulfurization and delayed coking units. The refinery processes a mixture of Canadian heavy, high-sulfur crude oil delivered by pipeline, and domestic crude oil delivered by truck. With the startup of a new vacuum distillation unit in 2017, the refinery has 100 percent heavy crude processing capability. The refinery produces a high percentage of transportation fuels and petroleum coke. Finished petroleum products are distributed by pipeline, rail car and truck. Pipelines transport most of the refined products to markets in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Washington.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 21, 2021 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 54270
Location: Montana - Billings
Job Field: Maintenance
Division : Billings Refinery
Technical Req : No