Sievert Construction Apprentice Carpenter in Bozeman, Montana
Apprentice carpenter provides assistance to Carpenters to complete tasks while also improving their skills and preparing to work independently. During the apprenticeship, the apprentice shall receive on-the-job learning and related instruction in all phases of the trade. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential. Official onboarding will be determined after a six-week probationary period.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Clean and prepare work sites to maintain productive and safe work environment
• Basic building knowledge and some carpentry skills
• Assist in on site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, walls and other surfaces, etc.
• Must be able to use basic hand and power tools
• Maintain a clean work environment, machines, or equipment for a safe job site
• Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental differences between various types of construction
• Ability to take direction to meet stipulated deadlines of tasks
• Basic understanding of design layouts, blueprints and able to follow direction
• Follow all safety procedures on the job site
• Follow instructions from supervisor and be a team
• Able to work long, irregular, and varied hours
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Perform site clean-up
• Minimum of 1-year construction experience
• Forklift certified
• OSHA 10 (preferred)
• Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. or more
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
Note: The above description covers principle duties and responsibilities of the job. This job description should not be constructed as a complete listing of similar duties that may be required from day to day.