Nomad Global Communication Solutions Welder/Fabricator in Columbia Falls, Montana
Reports To:Fabrication Manager
Overview:Nomad Global Communications Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team.
Welders/Fabricators will utilize the necessary skills and procedures to construct items used in the production of specialized communication units produced by Nomad GCS.
Essential Functions / Responsibility:
· Fabricate and weld metal and/or aluminum by applying the appropriate welding techniques.
· Must maintain a good proficiency rate, avoiding any rework. Complete extra training to achieve a higher level of skill and accuracy.
· Requires the ability to weld both metal and aluminum using MIG, TIG, spool gun, and push-pull.
· Strong points would be in fabrication concepts, practices, and procedures within the welding field.
· Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
· Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· May be cross-trained to work on a variety of processes including, but not limited to: flooring installation, electrical systems, plumbing, door and window installation, stabilizing systems, HVAC, cabinet and counter-top making, welding and technology integration.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
· Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and display a demonstrated willingness to apply them to your work.
· 1-5+ years of experience of interpreting blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics and determining appropriate welding process.
· 1-5+ years of experience and knowledge of MIG, TIG, spool gun, or push-pull welding applications.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Basic knowledge of the Metric and Imperial Measurement Systems, and how to calculate with them.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) safely on a regular basis.
· The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear and is occasionally required to sit.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to distinguish colors.
· Must be able to wear the proper protection equipment all day while working.
· The current work environment is a partially environmentally controlled indoor environment. Depending upon the time of year, working temperature can fluctuate between 60F and 100F, but typically is held around 70F.
· The Employee must have the ability to work from heights at ground floor up to 20’ from the ground on ladders or platforms of varying sizes.
· The Employee will be subjected to noise levels which may range from moderately loud to loud and will be required to wear provided safety hearing devices from time to time.
· The Employee will be exposed to a variety of household/commercial chemicals daily which will require the Employee to follow company rules/regulations outlined by that chemical’s MSDS.
· Welding helmet and proper preventative safety attire are required at all times while welding.
· All Team Members must wear provided OSHA approved eye protection at all times on the Production Floor
· Position requires physical stamina necessary to work in awkward positions, standing up for long periods of time, bending, stooping, and lifting.
Qualifications & Experience:
· High School Graduate, Diploma or GED received. Further education or an apprenticeship desired.
· 1-5+ years of previous welding and metal fabrication experience.
· Good math skills including understanding numerical data and taking accurate measurements.
· Must have a valuable clear vision, being able to see details at close range of self.
· Required knowledge and experience with: Interpreting blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics, determining appropriate welding process, MIG, TIG, spool gun, push-pull welding applications.
Meet Production Standards:
· Manufacturing Environment -Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with precision. Willingness and ability to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
· Problem Solving -Willingness to take initiative in tackling problems rather than solely relying on directives. Ability to follow logical steps in understanding root cause and analyzing potential solutions.
· Coping Skills -Willingness to use mistakes as a learning opportunity. Ability to accept constructive criticism without taking it personally.
· Communication Skills -Ability to read and understand technical documents including CAD and SOP documents. Ability to effectively convey information to peers and supervisors in both written and oral forms.
· Efficiency Skills -Ability to manage your own schedule to complete tasks on time. Understand and concentrate on the importance of timeliness and how it translates to company profitability.
· Quality -Demonstrates a regular and ongoing focus on high-quality work. Reflect pride in your workmanship. Keeps the totality of the project in mind with regard to customer satisfaction. Values both personal and team achievements equally.
· Team -Willingness to work with others to search for solutions, not blaming others. Willingness to take on tasks and support others.
· Individual Responsibility -Willingness to ask questions proactively. Ability to self=manage and hold oneself accountable for work products and timeliness.
· Leadership -Ability to engage and encourage others. Willingness to take on responsibilities beyond the job description.
· Safety -Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety, identify issues and address them when necessary. Follow documented safety guidelines for all equipment and processes.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
Nomad offers a competitive base pay along with a benefits package.
When applying please include your basic salary requirements.